walker mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jasonc0203, Oct 12, 2011.

1. jasonc0203

jasonc0203 LawnSite Member
    from N.C

Hope everyone out there is having a nice season. I am looking to buy a used walker mower 1997 25 horse 48''. Have one on the radar locally to me, just wanting to get any info good or bad on this year model before i commit to the purchase. Also the mower has around 1900 hours = yes I know thats high. Any info would be appreciated as I run all john deere and have somewhat little knowledge on the ins and outs of the walkers. Mower will mostly be used for fall and spring cleanups.....Thanks

2. jeffscap

jeffscap LawnSite Member

Go for the EFI if you can the 25's are gas hogs.

3. Curtis

Curtis LawnSite Member

Jason
    I'm selling mine on Craigslist Charlotte, only 475hrs, nothing wrong with it, 26efi, one owner, take a look.

4. jasonc0203

from N.C

Curtis, yea I have seen yours it looks like a good machine but its a little higher than the budget I have set aside. Send me a private message with your bottom dollar as I have cash in hand and can move quick..... Thanks Jason

5. jasonc0203

from N.C

Also anyone else that has any info good or bad feel me in. Is there any major differences in a 97 and a new one.

6. walkerway

walkerway LawnSite Member

If you got money just take it to the walker dealer and buy a new one. They have great financing terms. get it with the 26 efi, and a suspension seat, you will love it and never regret your decision.

7. jasonc0203

from N.C

Well I bit the bullet and I am the new owner of a walker. Hope these things are as good as the hype. I will say the few minutes I have ran it this afternoon I am already impressed with the handling....... For the first time in my life im not really dredding leaves falling

8. walkerway

walkerway LawnSite Member

That's great jason, got a picture of it?:weightlifter: Way to go!!