Walker Mower

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JakesLawnService, Jan 22, 2012.

1. JakesLawnService

JakesLawnService LawnSite Member

Whats up guys, wasn't sure exactly where to post this so if its in the wrong section please move. Anyway I found this walker mower on the local craigslist for $300.00, the owners said they bought it last April and it was cutting great. Does anyone with experience with walker mowers know what might need to be fixed or any common problems it could have?

Thanks!

walker.jpg

walker.jpg

2. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

300 bucks.......BUY IT!!!!

ANY walker mower in almost any condition is worth that much!

3. luis@NJ

luis@NJ LawnSite Senior Member

That looks like a deal! try to work them down on the price as much as possible

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

for $300 ill drive from louisiana to go get ti!

5. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

+1 from texas.
    Are you sure its 300 and not 3000???

6. gibbonsballer10

gibbonsballer10 LawnSite Senior Member

Either stolen or blown engine and hydros
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, it obviously needs some work but, for $300 there's plenty of room to get it going and make you some money payup.I would buy it.

8. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

There is a good chance that most of it is in good shape, so you have a lot of room to spend money on parts. What year would it be?

9. JakesLawnService

JakesLawnService LawnSite Member

Went and looked at it, owner said it just died on him one day, he obviously knew nothing about lawnmowers. Gave $200 for it, fixed the tire, checked it out, and were pretty sure the engine is seized. Not sure if I want to fool with a new one or just sell it.

10. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

I say get it all checked out and if its fixable and you have a place for it then use it! Could even be a cheap and awesome back-up mower.