Walker mower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by andy35321, Sep 26, 2012.

1. andy35321

andy35321 LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I've got a walker mower model# mtsd Serial # 46235.
    The problem is I can drive for about an hour or two and the oil temp light comes on. After it cools off for about 5 or ten minutes crank back up and the light goes off. But will get hot again little later. Does anybody have any idea what this could be. I done the code thing and it reads 61. Somebody told me it probably was oil seal past the fan was probably seeping. Behind the flywheel I meant. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. EARTH5

EARTH5 LawnSite Member

usually check to make sure cylinder and head fins are clean and clear of grass this is a major cause:dizzy:

3. andy35321

andy35321 LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Cleaned before and it made it run alright for about 3 or 4 cuts. But it is back to the same.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

The oil temp senor is under the starter. The wire from it runs behind the starter. It can get pinched and ground out with the frame and give a false alarm. The cylinder head temp sensor is tied into the same wire so if either one ground out or messes up the alarm will go off. Do you have a real over heat or a false alarm? Now do not just assume it is a false alarm without knowing or you could damage your engine.

5. chuacro

chuacro LawnSite Senior Member

I had this problem whit my 2006. The area aroung the back of the motor aroung the sheild to the tail wheels was caked up. I cleaned it and keep clean and have no problems.

6. EARTH5

EARTH5 LawnSite Member

I have the same problem with a walker of mine but my light never goes off. Frustrating I cleaned out find near tail wheel and can only trace wire so far due to shrouds around head. Help
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like your wire is pinched behind the starter. Seen it happen a lot when replacing the starter it likes it get in the way.

8. Currinson

Currinson LawnSite Member
    from MA

Check to see it you ran over a plastic bag, and it got sucked around the engine cooling screen

9. Procareope

Procareope LawnSite Member

Code 61 is all clear. The temp light is on or the oil pressure light? As mentioned check the basics, is the engine cooling and clean? Wires all free and clear?