Walker mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by griffin16, Mar 11, 2004.

1. griffin16

griffin16 LawnSite Member

I have demoed the exmark, toro, and the walker. I liked the walker the best, But would like to have other opinions, Fire away!!

2. PRO PROPERTY CARE

PRO PROPERTY CARE LawnSite Member

Try the search. Its a very common question. There are tons of differant views on the machines you listed.
    I know I have asked the same questin my self.
    goodluck
    :cool:

3. hboyd_com

hboyd_com LawnSite Member
    from PA

All good machines with different benefits. Pick the one with the right features for the properties that you service .... or want to service.

Also, don't forget to factor in how you feel about the dealer.

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Do a search like stated above. The Walker is a greta machine if you have the right properties for it. I love mine but you'll get alot of mixed reviews here. They either love em or hate em!!!:D Up here 95% of us use them, all you see is Walkers. What size are you looking at???

5. capt.craig

capt.craig LawnSite Member

whent through the same questions for 8 months and just purchased my first Walker diesel 48 inch cut. hope it was the right choice craig

6. griffin16

griffin16 LawnSite Member

I am looking at the 48" ghs, 9.5 bushel hopper, 26hp efi.
    It seems like a bullet proof design, The big question will be hills, I have a few yards that the toro refused to do. I do not like the knobby all terrain tires that walker offers.

7. LB Landscaping

from Maine

I've got the low profile tires on mine, hills aren't a problem for me, but if hey ae I just back up the hill and come down straight.

8. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

My company is looking into buying the same model walker. I have run them before and they are great for clean-ups. Alot of grass clippings, alot, be prepared to collect, if you got big properties maybe not the fastest mower to be doin them with, the walker you are looking at is for moderately sized lawns. I

9. capt.craig

capt.craig LawnSite Member

Lb landscaping like I said i just purchased a diesel , I have hillsalso should i be looking at the low profile tires? do they make a difference? thanks Craig

10. LB Landscaping

from Maine

I think the aggressive tires you spoke of are better for traction purposes, but they can tear up the turf easier when you turn. Not sure about the low profile but I have liked them, they are great after it rains. Since they are wider they don't leave ruts as bad as the skinnier tires. What kind of properties do you ususally mow???