1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by P&C Lawn Care, Jan 19, 2005.

1. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Went and looked at a new 20 hp Kohler Walker with a 48 in deck and the 9.5 bushel catcher for $8400, does this sound like a good price? Also has anyone with a Walker used the Curb Jumper Ramp. Do they work well enough to buy one? How much do they run?
  2. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

i think i paid about 9000 for mine with 20hp and 42 inch mulch deck.. i have never used the ramp, but i dont have any problem gettting up on curves... u will love the the walker
  3. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

BUY THE CURB JUMPER. Its great and it stores on your deck and becomes a footrest. As far as the price goes....sounds about right. Get the heavy duty gear boxes for your deck, too. You won't regret it. Quieter and last longer. Trust me, I know. I have both types.

I think the curb hopper is around 80 bucks.
  4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer want $10,500 for the 26hp with the 48 ghs deck, I think the 20 with 48 costs $8500.
  5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Those prices are pretty much in line with my local dealer. I gave $9000 for my 26hp with the 48 ghs, no tax. Won a bid on eBay. It was a demo unit with 9hrs on it. If I decide to buy another collecting mower, I will take a strong look at the Exmark Navigator.
  6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

If you want to save some money on a Walker, I have an excellent used one for sale, and I am just down the road in Denton, Tx. It is a 1998 MT20, big hopper, lights, 48"GHS deck, near new, 42" mulch deck, curb ramp, no catch deflector, and low profile, wide wheels and tires. I bought this new, and only me and two others have ever run it. Has about 1100hrs on it and runs perfect. I would like $4900.00 for it. PM me if interested in it.
  7. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

The curb deck is handy and makes a more comfortable foot rest. You will love the way it handles and the control placement is nice.