Walker mowers and leaves

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by plateau lawn care, Nov 7, 2005.

1. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

OK do walker mowers do good at sucking up the leaves in the fall i'm thinking about the mtghs 26 fuel inj 48 inch. thanks in advance for your responses.

2. Bergeros

Bergeros LawnSite Member

That is what I use, I love it. Some will say it is not the fastest because it is only 48 inch.... but I am very happy with the quality of cut and ability to leave a clean yard with awesome lines. Here are some lines left by my Walker.

Yard 3.jpg

3. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

They do a good job, but are not for everybody. I would be cautious if you are just using for leaf cleanups due to the costs.

4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

This guy I cut for has a neighbor who gets his grass cut with a bagging machine where the guy spends about ninety a month on bags. Oh it's a 21" honda.

5. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

it would be for all my cutting. The lawns i have i could run any type of z on but i like the idea of being able pickup the leaves on one of my commercial props i have that is a pain when the leaves fall. I know they don't quiet cut as fast but thats not a problem for me. Any more info would be great.

6. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

A buddy of mine works for a large hospital here in michigan and they use those walkers for cutting almost everything there. They use two with baggers, which do suck everything up real good, but they fill up fast with the leaves. The other two are just two wide decks with the side discharge and they don't seem to scatter the chewed up grass and leaves as well as most do. All in All the walkers do a good job of picking things up.