Walker Mowers: New Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnproslawncare, Dec 5, 2007.

1. lawnproslawncare

lawnproslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Everyone,
    I just got an email from Walker. I was inquiring about their new 52" GHS deck. They arent out yet, however they don't use the same GHS design. Contact walker on the web and ask for some information regarding the deck.

Also they are changing the GHS hopper in April I believe, They are going to a built-in Debris Exhaust in the catcher door. I'm not to clear on it but its exciting to see if this will improve the dust control in dry conditions

2. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer told me a little bit about that, and that is exactly the intent, less dust and debris on the operator. From what I hear there are a few changes coming that will be upgrades. Look forward to seeing them too.

3. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

they are redesigning their door to be like the Exmark Navigator from what I was told today.

About time.

4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

FYI.. i posted this in another few threads on here and i re-confirmed it monday with tim at walker. the 52" deck is AVAILABLE. it lists for 1800 msrp. not sure when it'll be laucnhed as an option on a new mower (if it isn't already). i think the new hopper exhaust is going to work in conjunction with the 10.5" blower as they make a rubber seal that is recommended with the retro fit kit for older mowers.