1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walker Mowers Post Yours

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JaysLawnServices, Feb 22, 2014.

1. JaysLawnServices

JaysLawnServices LawnSite Member

As well as a post your walker thread, like the good ole scag thread that's floating around somewhere, and there was an exmark on too...

Buy new? or buy used? They seem to hold their value pretty well, and have a great warranty, so that's a plus for new, but then again buying used has its perks no matter what... namely less up front.

2. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Armsden will love this thread.

3. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

I'm here!!!!!

And I promise I am going to post my first L.S picture ever in this thread!

(Even though I have been a member for over a year I haven't posted 1 picture... I have been worried about my photos entering the ether)

But, I have spoken with a lot of guys that post here often and I believe that I can safely and in good faith start...

4. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

I will get it started with my first mt26

2013-04-04_14-16-02_444_zpsd553e6c0.jpg

5. Armsden&Son

Here is me and my son on my 2012 MT26...

Yes, he is 4 and can operate it by himself...

DSC00559.JPG

6. Armsden&Son

And here is what my MT 26 does best....

This is one of my commercial accounts.....

DSC00517.JPG

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Ill snap a pick on Monday when mine comes out of hibernation. Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

2003 MT 20hp I picked up used 2300. The owner had some recent engine work done and replaced a few items prior to sale. It is all taken apart now, as I'm cleaning, painting, replacing some decals as well as new caster wheels and new tail wheel. I'm replacing the dual tail wheel with a single solid wheel. Putting in a new blower as well. I washed the seat cover and replaced the foam with new no mold foam. I'll show the updated machine in my 2014 thread if winter ever ends. Some of the work probably is not really necessary but that way everything will be updated and look nice.

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Mines just a basic 23hp 48". Bought it in 2012 with 15 hours on it, now it's up to 300 or so.

[​IMG]

10. Armsden&Son

TML.... I have the same bug that you do.... Even though it doesn't necessarily need it, I want everything up to snuff at the same time... LOL...

And KS.... That's awesome that you have the 23..... I was back and forth between the 23 and the 26 for a while.... So did you get a deal on it because it had 15 hours on it? I have heard that Walkers are huge in your area.... Is it just the Walker Family connection or dealer network? They are also super huge in the Greater Boston Area...... Where I am now, in Upstate New York, they are non-existent... I am literally the only one with a Walker in my whole City! Well, it's really a town but they call it a city... about 23,000 people....