Walker Mowers Post Yours

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JaysLawnServices, Feb 22, 2014.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Walker is HUGE within 50 miles in any direction of Wichita. There are 3 really strong Walker dealers in the Wichita metro area. Plus everyone bags. Plus a lot of lawns just seem to be sized right for Walkers. So... you have a perfect combo for a lot of companies running Walkers. Weekend warriors clear up to 10 crew sized companies run Walkers. Standers of all colors are becoming more common in Wichita, infact I just bought a 48" Rapid Height to run with my Walker. My thoughts is I can do front yards with the Walker while my employee does backs with the Wright, or vice versa. I also run a midmount zero turn but i feel it's almost too cumbersome on regular residential yards.

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Went with the 23 because it was a demo unit and cheap. Next new one will be a 25i.

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

This one barely gets any use:waving:

image.jpg

4. JaysLawnServices

JaysLawnServices LawnSite Member

I'm south of you just a little, and there are Walkers everywhere, there's two dealers, but one has multiple locations. The lawns are just the right size here as well, plus bagging is a complete must.

5. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Is Smith's one of those dealers? My dealer is over the lake in Burlington Vt.

Do you like the dealers that you go to... Can you tell me their names? I am always looking for a dealer that can compare to my old dealer just outside of Boston...

Pro Equipment in Woburn Ma. is just absolutely unbelievable when it comes to customer service...

We used to roll up with the Walkers and they would treat us like it was a pit stop....

If it was something they could fix, they fixed it..... If it was something that was going to take longer, they told us and it stayed but there was absolutely no B.S.... twas awesome!!!

6. Armsden&Son

Love your rig Landrus2!!

31 right?

How do you like it? How come it doesn't get used often?

7. psdnate

psdnate LawnSite Member

unnamed.jpg
    Here's mine with some new signage. It's a 2012 mt26. It's my first walker and love it. There will always be a walker on my trailer

unnamed.jpg

8. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

This is the only one that doesn't have suspension seat :waving:
    Great engine lots power great in May when grass it's at its full force

9. Armsden&Son

Hahaha.... I am one of those crazy guys that claims I like the non-suspension seats for "feel" of the machine...

Hey there psdnate!!!!! Is that a 62 inch you got on your MT my man??????

How do you like it?

Do you switch back and forth between collection and discharge often?

How is the clipping dispersal?

10. psdnate

psdnate LawnSite Member

It's a 52". I've used it once on a property where someones mower broke and grass was really tall. It clumped a lot and wasn't real impressed with it. Never used it on a weekly basis though. I thought I could switch the decks around easier and was disappointed that it wasn't that easy. My plan was to take both decks with me and switch them back and forth but it's too much of a pain.