Walker Mowers Post Yours

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JaysLawnServices, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Awesome stuff...

And is that a Shindaiwa trimmer I see on that rig?

2. FerrisDiesel

FerrisDiesel LawnSite Senior Member

yeah a shindawia T242, I also have the split shaft with hedge trimmer attachment

3. Armsden&Son

Yes!!!!

I am a Shindy maniac!!!

I am currently running a T242... A EB802(hip throttle, I cant stand blower throttles) and a HT254 40 inch...

I am going to get another T242 this season and I was considering the split shaft as well..... Do you like it?

4. FerrisDiesel

FerrisDiesel LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah it's pretty nice. I trim all my shrubs and hedges with it, unless I am taking alot off the top of a set of hedges, then I use my regular set of hedge trimmers. Everything else I use the split shaft, very rarely do I have to use a ladder or bust my butt lol

5. psdnate

psdnate LawnSite Member

I forgot that walker has the super b's. Thanks for reminding me! I'll have to look into that

6. Armsden&Son

I know, being the Walker Fanatic that I am.... I even forget too...... I am a big fan of Scag too (not as much as Walker but we need walk behinds right?) and I always find myself looking at Turf Tigers. Turf Tigers are amazing machines... The velocity plus deck is really an amazing feat of engineering.

If it was 10 years ago I would get a Turf Tiger but since Walker introduced the Super B's why would I not want to keep it all in the same family? Speed? Not really, it's pretty cool that the Turf Tiger can do 16mph or whatever it does but I never cut at that speed.... 10mph is fast enough to get done what has to be done... Even if we are talking acreage...

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

My walker out of hibernation. Lol
    [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Jacob how many hours have you put on that walker.

10. Armsden&Son

There she is....

Hey Jacob... I don't think I got your opinion on the new Walkers yet...

What do you think about the new design? Grey Hopper?

Personally, I just love the look of our models... There is something about the lime green Walker logo on the side of the control panel has has always struck my fancy...

However, I can't say that I don't like the new design... I like the fact that all of the decks are numbered with the amount of inches now..

It will actually be pretty cool 10-15 years down the road when most of the units out there are the new ones and some of us will have the older design... I don't know about you but I plan on keeping this one forever, it being my first Walker and all.... The ones I buy from here on out I will end up swapping out at the appropriate time...