walker mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by plateau lawn care, Nov 10, 2005.

1. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I have never used a walker mower just wondering on these mowers do you always have to use the cruise control system or can you just use it like a standered rider, i guess what i'm trying to say is if you let go of the handles does the mowers still continue to move forward at the speed you have set

2. ztrlvr

ztrlvr LawnSite Member
    from US

Forward speed control is on the right side and will always hold the tractor speed at operators choice. Steering (and reverse)is accomplished by pulling back on the control levers.

Moving levers forward have no effect on the control of the tractor.

3. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Thanks . I was waiting on my demo to arrive and didnt want to look totally stupid although i never tried one. I demoed it and have to say it was very different but i think i liked it over the other riders it would take some getting use to like everything else though along with the price $10,200 for the 26hp fuel injection 42in ghs.

4. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 26 efi with the 48 GHS. I almost got the 42, but decided on the 48.
    They really fit in almost the same places, and you have to put narrow tires on the 26 if you want then to be inside the edges of the deck.