walker mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by everglen, Apr 25, 2001.

1. everglen

everglen Guest

I live in the land down under,iam using a walker 20 hp 42 ghs ,could any one tell if they are using gator blades with ghs system to help reduce amount grass that is picked up ? and if so what is final finish to lawn like.Any help greatly appreciated
    regards

2. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

Hey man,

I have been thinking of the same thing for my Walker 42 GHS.

I think I am going to try it. I also have a 48" SD deck that I will use them on. So I'll buy two sets.

We'll see what they work like.

3. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guy's,

I'm using Gator's on my MT-54 SD. They work GREAT on tall grass, shredding it up. I don't think I've lost any striping looks from it either. I love mine. Hope this helps you out.
    Mowman

4. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

i wanted to do this myself, unfortunately they don't make gator blades for the GHS setup. only for the side discharge.you could use the one gator blade.i thought about using the mulching blades or possibly re-bolting/drilling the blade plate differently .time for modification.

5. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

LJ,

This is from Michale Yeats of Gator blade when I wrote him them this year with the same question.

"  There is a gator blade for the 42" rear discharge Walker deck.  One blade is a left hand cut 22" long with a 5/8'' center hole and two 13/64'' outer holes. The other blade is a right hand cut with the same hole dimensions.
      If you are interested in ordering you may call us at (217)359-1234
    Mon-Fri 8:00-4:00 CST "

I have not tried them yet though.