walker mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gmcplowtruck, Jan 17, 2007.

1. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck LawnSite Member

i currently have a toro z and i bag with a trac vac mounted on it i am considering buying a walker mower i was looking at the model c and got qouted $8500 is this agood price and is the model c a good model

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Why do you need a walker or that type mower

3. gmcplowtruck

i bagg a few lawns and had a toro z 350 and it bagged great

4. John Gamba

from ct

Demo the walker first. I think its a little slower then the 350.

5. gmcplowtruck

yes i know its slower itll do about 7mph and the toro would do about 9mph but im looking for quality and agility im trying to find out which dedicated bagging unit is the best i also like that if you dont want to bag you can lift the door and blow out the back i couldent do that with my toro

6. John Gamba

from ct

A demo is in order then. Good luck

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The blow out the back is almost like a sidedischarge and their little device has to be modified because it throw stuff too far. We didn't want it blowing stuff on sidewalks and into bed etc. so we added some plastic curtains onto it.

8. turf dog

turf dog LawnSite Member

9. zamboni

zamboni LawnSite Member

Yes it's always better to demo a mower first, however it's a Walker. I bought a MT 20 HP 42" without demoing it because I saw other LCO's use Walkers. They looked like fun and easy to handle. Mine cost $9,400 tax incl. Quality will bring quantity. Don't ever listen to the guys talk about speed and huge HP. Unless you are cutting 4+ acres it is completely unnecessary. My business multiplied and I'm not sore at all at the end of the day. They dump easily. They are small to get you the small acounts, but have the ability to handle 2-3 acres with no problem. The quality they create is second to none. I have the tine rake attachment for spring and fall and it works wonders. If I had this machine in HS I never would have wasted 7 years in college getting a bachelors and masters degree. They are $$$ making machines. Just get one. Cheers.

10. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm a fan of the larger unit. If its going to be your main mower go with the 26hp EFI, its worth the money. The MC has a 20hp, and a larger blower so that is a plus.
    Prices: (they may go in either direction) Low pros, 9.5 box, HD deck gear box
    MCGHS with a 42" deck- $8600
    MTGHS 26hp, 48" GHS deck- $10800

Give me more info on the machine's application and we can tell you what Walker is more appropriate.