Walker Mowers !!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by iamthelawnman, Dec 2, 2007.

1. iamthelawnman

iamthelawnman LawnSite Member

how may of you people out their own a walker mower or know what a walker mower is? and if you own one what do you think about them? and if you are some one who doesn't own one... why not? need some feed back, thanks

2. Pro-Turf  LLC

Pro-Turf LLC LawnSite Member

i own 3. they are great machines cut great and collect pretty good. I have had some issues with my machines but my dealer support is unbeatable and that is why i am sticking with my walkers because my dealer is awsome and great personal service.
    they are a little more expensive but its worth it in the long run
    hope this helps
  3. earthtrends

earthtrends LawnSite Senior Member

pro turf what kind of issues have you had with your walkers. I have a 26 hp efi 48" and love it. I do have problems with mine in regards to blades coming loose and the screws that hold the cups to the blades coming loose.
  4. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

We don't need no stinking Walkers. I dont have one because I like my Scags.
  5. mathews

mathews LawnSite Member

I have one, its ok. Do you bag everything? It has its place, but ill never own more than one at a time. Hope you dont have many hills also
  6. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

a lot of people in the new orleans area use walker with the catcher
  7. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on what type of accounts you have. If you do a lot of medium to large residential lots, then a Walker is a must. You just can't beat the quality of cut and the bagging system. The maneuverability is excellent, but if you're mowing along slopes it can get a little sketchy. One good thing about a Walker is the fact you can get different size decks (36,42,48"). I'm not sure but I think they even make a 52 or 60" deck. You could buy a 36" deck for those narrow gates and a larger deck for the bigger areas. You can change a deck within a couple of minutes. I think at least one Walker is a must for most LCOs. If money is an issue, buy a used one with a few hundred hours. It will still give you many hours of service without any major problems.
  8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Neat that you got replies from a few above I am not being a smart a$$ but if you do a search on the topic you will find more than what you want to know.

After you sift thru it and are wondering if its for you, talk to a dealer and get a demo for a week or so next season. If you are going to spend the jack then do it as if you are buying a car. If its for you uthne you will like it if not then get something that works. Don't go on my opinion or anyone elses here. We aren't putting the cash out, you are.
  9. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

You can get from a 42 inch deck to a 72 inch deck, but only the 42 and 48 are bagging decks. ( last I heard, anyway). I have a 56 inch timed blade deck and it cuts great. It is more of a hassle than its worth to carry an extra deck on your trailer for a lawn or two. I tried it many years ago.
  10. iamthelawnman

iamthelawnman LawnSite Member

i want to thank you guys for your feed back, yes i own 2 walkers, a 26 efi w/56' deck and a 23 w/ 48' deck. the 26 efi has been great no problem at all but the 23hp has been one thing after the other.well.. mainly the Little thing go wrong .. like water in the fuel and safety switches going out. things like that. i guess the main reason i started this thread is , well i just wanted to see what you guys out their think about the walker?