Walker Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jay1389, May 12, 2010.

1. jay1389

jay1389 LawnSite Member
    from IL

Dose anyone else out there use walker mowers or have any opinions on Walker mowers. It seems like the company i work for is one of the few in the area that use those mowers. Just wondering what you guys thought about them.

2. timber132007

timber132007 LawnSite Member

Best rotary cut finish mower there is period. I have a 2007 Walker MT with 23hp Kohler and 42" deck. Only negative so far would be blower scroll, blower wheel, and backplate replacement at less than 200 hours. It is so sandy here the standard blowers wear out too quickly.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

the 3rd wheel mark they leave makes me want to throw up. worst looking cut of any mower ever made. EVER.

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Love mine.

5. mikes landscaping

mikes landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from kansas

I have an md kubota diesel. Cuts amazing
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

best mower ever for our operation.

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

they leave a beautiful manicured cut

8. sharpcuts

sharpcuts LawnSite Member
    from NE OK

Great mowers. I used to sell them. Wish I could use one here, but I'd need alot more manicured lawns to justify it. Too many rocks here. - Hey timber, you should check with your dealer. Just before I left the dealership in 2007 we were having some blower problems from that new bigger blower. They replaced some under warranty because they were wearing out in less than 200 hrs because of sandy soil (eastern NC). Seems like I remember them changing some pulleys to slow the blower down a couple r's. It didn't affect the way it worked at all, but it lengthened the life. Don't know for sure if your distributor is GHS or not, but they should remember it. - Hey! the third wheel mark can't be any worse than the one from my single wheel sulky on my Turf Tracer. Never caused me any problems.

9. rustyj

rustyj LawnSite Member

I like them great cut we had problems with them biggest issue blower would wear hole threw housing and they the mower would catch on fire
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. AllSeasonServices

AllSeasonServices LawnSite Member

$15,000 for a 48" that has a really nice catcher...Dont get me wrong they are very good machines. cut great, very maneuverable, comfy but for $312.00 per inch its hard to justify.