walker mowers

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Z's Lawncare, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Z's Lawncare

Z's Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from 20683

who all is running walkers and how do you like them and how many hours? post up pics of them
  2. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i had one for half a season, when it was running it was great it cut and striped amazing! i owned the mower for 4 months and put about 350 hours on it and i had tons of probles with it, mainly with the blower assambly. From my research and talking with people i belive it was just my unit.
  3. electric

electric LawnSite Member

So much thought went in to the design of the Walker mower. When you use a new one (mid 2011 and on) you will know what we are referring to here. There is nothing that touches there performance in the ghs line up. They have made leaps and bounds with newer steering changes. As per my today's copy of walker talk mag they also are introducing kohler DFI fuel efficient engine with super B model! Leaps and bounds. Dean Walker is amazing!
  4. Z's Lawncare

Z's Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from 20683

how is th cutt on them and how much of a pain is it to empty the hopper
  5. Pro-turf lawn

Pro-turf lawn LawnSite Member

I wish I had one but they are more than a 15yr old can afford.... Even used
  6. Dbry12

Dbry12 LawnSite Member

I have used walkers for about 6 years and the cut has always been amazing. The striping looks perfect when done correctly. Emptying the hopper is as easy as tilting the bag back. Its even easier for us as we have ramps leading from the trailer to the back of our dump bed so there is no dumping and lifting tarps. The only bad thing about walkers is teaching someone new to the business on them. When that bag hits something, it usually destroys it.
  7. nickslawnltd

nickslawnltd LawnSite Member

I always thought they were overrated and too much money. Then I got one and can't figure out how I made it without it. I now own two. From cut quality, to ime savings, to reliability there top notch. They may not be the perfect mower for every property but that's why we have outer Z's and walkbehinds.

But walkers are great:dancing:
  8. Five Points

Five Points LawnSite Member

I have had mine for 5 yrs. bought used 1999 with 825 on it and has 3100 hrs on it now. original 20 hp kohler, two decks 48inch collection and 56 inch sd. I love it. have had a few issues but nothing you wouldn't have with anything else.
  9. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Dream on guys...you will get there some day...
    I'm 18 and I have this-
    Actually its my dad's trailer and truck (soon I will be getting a new truck and trailer) and am trying to pay off the mower.
  10. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member