1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

walker mowers

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Z's Lawncare, Mar 5, 2012.

1. nickslawnltd

nickslawnltd LawnSite Member

Walker should be proud. Whats the saying imitation is the best form of flattery.

2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Heres mine, 2003 MTGHS 48". Second motor, either 1,1** hours or 1,4** hours I can't remember.
    Rig1.jpg

March 13-01.jpg

March 13-02.jpg

Rig1.jpg

March 13-01.jpg

March 13-02.jpg

3. Z's Lawncare

Z's Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from 20683

looks sweet

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Man now I really want a walker.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Pro-turf lawn

Pro-turf lawn LawnSite Member

Hey has anybody seen the walker walk behinds or run them if you do put up pictures

6. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

I've seen them on the web, but never actually seen someone run the before.

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I pick my new walker up next friday.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes. They are an excellent machine to operate (better controls than any WBH out there) but they have some things I dont like about them. Local equipment dealer has a mess of used ones I just do not have the money. He was wanting like 1700 for one that was seeping oil pretty bad....not for me.

9. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone able to give me info on earlier years? I know they've improved them quite a bit. I've heard of pump/hydro problems, early engine failure, and hard to service. The reason I ask there is one locally for sale but I've never owned one. It's a 1991 Walker Mower MC GHS that has 1500 hrs. on it and he's asking $2100.00. Should I even consider it? What should I look for?

10. Pro-turf lawn

Pro-turf lawn LawnSite Member

Ok last one and then I will leave you guys alone how about the walker super bee and side discharge mowers how is the cut quality do you like them and how do they handle slopes ( all walkers on this question)