walker mowers

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Z's Lawncare, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Modieken

Modieken LawnSite Member

I have four walkers one is a 94 with 2400hrs on it thing is in semi retirement and we only use it as a backup but it still mows ten times as good with the old 54 compared to the new 56 inch deck. The only thing that i would worry about is if its GHS all of ours are side discharge.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Earth&Turf RI

Earth&Turf RI LawnSite Member

We run two walkers currently, we started with a 2000 MDD GHS with the Kubota diesel. loved that machine, and sold it with around 2300hrs. CUrrently we have a 2000 20hp kohler GHS which just rolled 6005 hrs, and runs awesome. Our second machine is a 2008 23hp GHS with over 2k hrs.

Can't beat the cut and finish of a walker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats running a JRCO attachment on the front.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

6005 hrs DAMN!:clapping:

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

wow! nice to see some walkers with that many hours on them!

5. Z's Lawncare

Z's Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from 20683

thats alot of hours

6. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

We have five Walkers. The oldest being a '99 and the newest a '12. 3 have kubota's one is a gas model. The other two are kohlers. The hours range between 150 to 3500 hours. They are awesome machines to operate and we have been running them since our second year. We have tried others and no other manufacturer has matched a Walker in our opinion.... :weightlifter:

7. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

hahaha, AND you're from texas... CLASSIC :hammerhead:

8. cmrgrounds

cmrgrounds LawnSite Member
    from augusta

I have owned 3 walkers over the years, 1st one was a 1996 Mt20 GHS with 48" deck, second was a 2005 MT26 with 48" deck and the third was a 2008 MB18 with 42" mulch deck. I would not recommend buying a walker that is from the 90's just because the walker mechanic at my dealer who went to school just to work on walkers said so. Something about the blowers are smaller and the older mowers have to many problems and he was right, i bought the mower used and had to get the motor rebuilt a month after i bought it with 1400 hours on the machine. I sold the mower with 1800 hours and the guy who bought it had to put a new motor in it shortly after. The air intake on the older machines is in the rear sucking in all the dust the hopper blows out. The MT26 has 2400 hours on it and i have not had one problem with it. It gets great fuel economy being an EFI and even gets better fuel economy than the MB model we have with the 18hp Kohler. The MB18 is a mulching only mower and it cuts grass just as well as the GHS models at half the price new. The only down fall with this mower is that it does not mulch leaves worth a crap. They cut amazing, they handle great, i can go up and down inclines with no problem. Walker has the market for finishing mowers and there is a reason for it. No other company can duplicate what waker has done and thats why every company that has tried has discontinued that mower. Exmark is the only company that still makes a walker style mower. I asked my dealer last week how that mower compared to the walker, his response was "dont ever buy one because they suck and the parts are twice as much". The blowers are $400 for the walkers and $850 for the navigators.

9. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

what is so great about the walkers? they are great mowers, don't get me wrong, but are they really that much better than say a grasshopper with a metal hopper on it?

10. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

^^ yes, yes they are.