walker mowers

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Z's Lawncare, Mar 5, 2012.

1. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

Those are some deep stripes, do you only go one direction all season?

-Michael

2. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

those are definitely some good stripes...what is the secret, do they come standard with a striping kit? or is it simply how the deck is set up? any special blades?

3. JCResources

JCResources LawnSite Member

Our Walker serves us very well. Great cut, great agility, most of our properties are 1/4 acre or smaller and heavily landscaped. The Walker is a great fit for us.

This machine is a 2000 model MT with 3200+ hrs. 2007 model engine

web_finalmowmathis.jpg

web_mathismow.jpg

4. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

JC,

How do you like using your Walker on the smaller properties? How is the finished product since their is that third wheel in the center of the stripe?

Michael

5. JCResources

For the kind of properties we work on, with lots of obstacles and landscaping I think it works best. We also have an Exmark Lazer 48 that we don't like quite as well.

Even with the Walker's slower ground speed my partner (who does most of the mowing) thinks both mowers cover the same ground in the same amount of time where we use them.

I have heard people (on Lawnsite) complain about the tail wheel track. It doesn't bother us and doesn't bother our clients.

6. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

JC, you in wichita? i know walker is big down there...

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

To say Walker is big in Wichita is an understatement. If you pass a mowing trailer on the road, it has a Walker on it. If it doesn't have one, it has two lol. It appears very few companies over there run without Walkers or Navigators.

8. JCResources

We're in Salina, but I've lived in Wichita had a lawn business there in the 90s.

One Walker dealer in Salina, not very serious. Doesn't stock parts so we get our parts from Maximum Tractor in Wichita.

9. powerstroke man

powerstroke man LawnSite Member
    from MA

Looks great!! You guys have a very impressive setup, is that the only account you guys do in that area? Dont see you guys around that area much..
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Maximum is my dealer as well. My new one this summer came from Great Bend, got a good deal on a demo unit, but parts and stuff still come from Wichita.