walker mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fordlawn, Jun 16, 2000.

1. fordlawn

fordlawn LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any experience with Walker mowers?

2. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

I run a MT-42 side discharge.25Kohler Command . It dose a great job and gets through all but one of my gates. 2000 hrs on it and the amp meter died. Thats all thats gone wrong so far. It seems like a quality built machine. <p>----------<br>Yesteryear L/S<br>Hollywood Fla

3. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

i have a model t 20 kohler w/ 42 ghs and 54 gear drive side discharge. it is my frontline mower

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have had a 48&quot; GHS,20HP unit for 3 years. What would you like to know?I just bought a 62&quot; deck for it along with JRCO Hooker aeriator and tine rake.

5. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

I've recently bought an MT26 with 48&quot; GHS deck. The 26hp efi works real well.Plenty of<br>power.Seem to be solidly built.The efi system<br>on the motor has halved our mower fuel usage.<p>Karl<br>

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Also just bought a MTGHS 26 EFI , 42&quot; deck and the no-catch deflector. I put the speed up kit on it and it is quick. The dethatcher is a great option for the spring. In the fall the thing eats leaves also. I'll always own a Walker.

7. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Mow Ed,<br> I would have thought that 26hp to<br>run a 42&quot; deck might be overkill.It's almost<br>overpowered with the 48&quot; deck. You're right<br>about the speed up pulley,it makes a huge difference.<p>Karl<br>

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Karl,<br>At this point the 26 is overkill but in my plans it is what I need.<br>I'm looking to branch out into small to medium commercials next season and I am planning on buying a 54&quot; or 62&quot; sider. I also was inspired by my response for Power brooming so I want to have the power available.<br>I chose the bigger engine (25hp old Walker) for doing some of the big hills I have. The 26 is much more powerful and the EFI is great. I still use my Toro for the wet days and really steep areas but like I said - I will always own a Walker. Good Luck.<br>

9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

What happened to jackd2?????

10. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

GENE GLS - He ended up going with MTD !!!<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti