Walker Mowers

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by lawncarepros2004, Feb 10, 2004.

1. lawncarepros2004

lawncarepros2004 LawnSite Member

ARE WALKERS REALLY AS GOOD as the hype?

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on your definition of "good". They do some things really well, others not so well. There is no such thing as a perfect or do all mower. Each one is designed for a specific application. I will not post my experience on Walker's for fear of being accused of brand bashing. Do a search. You will find lots of threads about Walkers.

3. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello neighbor! I've used them, and really liked them, but I do wish that I had more experience with other similar machines, such as the SCAG Cougar. Do be aware that Walkers have a ton of grease fittings and places that you have to keep maintained. You'll probably see more Walkers out here in the Bend area than any other pro rider.

4. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Walker and think it is a great machine. Yes, it does have a ton of grease fittings and does require a lot of maintenance but it performs very well and the GHS (grass handling system) is awesome. It has a great cut, very agile and powerful.

5. lawncarepros2004

lawncarepros2004 LawnSite Member

Especially interested in the ghs aspects of machines. I hear they work quite well on cleanups. GHS doesn't make the machine any wider either.

6. hboyd_com

hboyd_com LawnSite Member
    from PA

I really like my 20HP Walker with the 48" GHS deck. As long as the grass is not too wet it will pick it up nicely. It's was great last year because I got behind a few times and let the grass get longer than I should have. While others were cutting 2x-3x times I just slowed down a little and sucked up all the clippings. There are faster Zero-turn units out there but for a bagger, the Walker is hard to beat.