walker mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ashs inc, Feb 21, 2005.

1. ashs inc

ashs inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from alabama

OK GUYS and GALS

Made the decison to get a new mower. Want a walker GHS which one and how much should they cost.

THANKS GUYS

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you checked with your local dealer about different models and their costs? I would start there.

3. ashs inc

from alabama

yeah 42 ghs 26hp 10,000 is that tooo much?

4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Our dealer has a model MT with 26hp with the 48in deck for $10,500. Our dealer is Rent-One it is located in Gardendale which is about 15 miles north of Birmingham. Where are you located? We are located about 25 miles north of Birmingham.

5. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

for 10 grand, you should at least try to get the 48 inch deck. that sounds about right for the 26 HP, though.

6. ashs inc

from alabama

i have a 48 walk behind seems too large for some yards you know

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 42GHS deck and a 52SD w doubles. I also have the 2000 Model T tractor unit with a 26EFI. Best small engine I have ever owned. 1300 hours on it and no problems.
    The 42 is a good deck for collection as the smaller area creates very good suction. The 42 also goes in and out of some gates.
    I have no problem with the setup but I do mostly ressidential and small commercial. The 52 is my main mower during the growing season and the 42 is for thatch collection and spring cleans. I use the 52 to mulch leaves and collect very few.
    10K is not a bad price. I paid for mine in one spring clean season. Good Luck.

aug4 1197.jpg