Walker Ms? Light Commercial?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lil'MowinMan93, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Lil'MowinMan93

Lil'MowinMan93 LawnSite Member

Hi, i've been saving up for a couple of years now and looking to purchase the walker ms 36. They "claim" it's light duty commercial which is alright with me because im not planning on having like 200 or so accounts. It has a 13 kawi which i think is a little underpowered but im not sure. hav any of you guys run this mower commercially? How much cash will i be expecting to dish out, and is it a good mower? Thanks

2. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I run a 20hp model C, their bottom of the ladder commericial mower and love it! Not under powered at all, although I could use more hp but who coulsnt? I know your looking at another model but i recomend the model C

3. Lil'MowinMan93

what would that model run me with a 36?

4. shade tree landscaping

that i dont know, I have a 42inch on it and it was around high 8K and change. keep in mind resale, its alot easier to sell a machine that is commericial grade, not so easy to sell a homeowner model

5. Lil'MowinMan93

have you ever run they're walkbehind because i don't have that kind of money so im kinda looking at the walkbehind with a 36 and then i'll just buy theretractable sulky option.

6. shade tree landscaping

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I have an older (1997) model S with the 36" deck. Mines only 11hp too. For what it's needed for, small lawns and getting thru 3 foot gates it's GREAT! For mowing larger lawns, well it's as slow as you would expect any 36" mower to be.

As for power, I rearely have trouble with even the 11 hp., and mine has about 1,100 hours on it, quite a bit for a single cyl. engine. Only time I have trouble is in really thick grass if I'm trying to cut lower than usual, like in the spring. Otherwise most normal cutting dosn't even phase the engine.

I wouldn't worry too much about resale value, it's a Walker, dosn't matter what model it is. They aren't painted a the color of gold by accident... lol.

8. shade tree landscaping

TRUST ME worry about resale! I have a Walker Model B with a 42in mulch deck that I cant sell, have been trying to sell for months

9. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

if you ask a reasonable price it will sell--they all do. If you are within 15% of a new one then why bother with yours and no warranty??

10. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher LawnSite Member

Sure wish you were closer to Baton Rouge, LA as that is exactly the mower I'm looking for. Just out of curiosity how many hours and what are you asking for it?