1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

walker mtl31 - want to pull trigger but need more info.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by RonWin, Jul 20, 2013.

1. CurbAppealKS

CurbAppealKS LawnSite Senior Member

Hmm that is weird, because I didn't think there was much difference in the weights of the machines. Maybe there is enough to make the traction better.
  2. TDLConceptsllc

TDLConceptsllc LawnSite Member

I just bought the MBS 29Efi 60' side discharge walker 3 weeks ago and thats the mowing dam machine i have ever seen or used so easy to work on and drive once you get the hang of the steering there in a class of there own. I live in NC and it has rained for 3months straight tall wet grass no problem and pressure wash the deck with the deck tilt option is nice
  3. agent walker

agent walker LawnSite Senior Member

Get the speed up kit. Its mandatory in my opinion. and the all terrain fast trax tires are a lot better for doing hills and ditches. The super bee I demoed does awesome on hills and banks, way better then the mtghs. It does take getting used to to climb hills with a walker but it can be done.
  4. RonWin

RonWin LawnSite Senior Member

The mt26s able to get the spd up amd all terrain tires ?
  5. agent walker

agent walker LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, the speed up kit is a different pulley and spring. And possibly different belt, been a few years since i installed one. The tires are carlisle fast trax , go to ebay and type it in, there 69.97 each shipped from summit racing. I ordered some and just got them. Wore out the previous set after 1000hrs plus