Walker On Fire!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by fixer67, May 25, 2004.

1. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I have been telling people until I am blue in the face that they need to keep the grass and leaves out of they Walkers but do they lesion. Well I wondered when it was going to happen and it did. A Kohler in a Walker got so much dry-ed grass and leaves packed in around it and in the blower housing it caught fire. Before it could be turned off the blower housing, fuel pump, and valve cover and the charging system got melted. A few more seconds and the fuel system would have been breached and 5 gallons of gas would have went off. I wished I had pictures.

What part of "Air cooled engine" do people not understand?

2. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Yup.. ya just gotta wonder! I see it everyday.. not on lawn mowers or tractors anymore but on vehicles. Amazing what people haul their kids around in. Not to mention day care outfits and their ratty vans and used buses! Oh and I need it fixed right now... and I dont want it to cost alot. yeah....

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I blow mine off every other day, sometimes more often in dry conditions.

4. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Oh yeah,, and if he did breach the fuel system and got his dumb butt smoked a lil.. the first thing would be... " well thats a design flaw" and sue the manufacturer.

5. NJemerald

NJemerald LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I have my guys blow our Walkers out SEVERAL times a day depending on conditions and time of year... EVERY Job when we're doing clean-ups.
    I've had the "muffler fire" once or twice when backing into a pile to dump... that's ENOUGH to give someone a heart-attack... :eek: :D

Hey fixer... THANKS for the tip on getting to the starter, everything went GREAT! Took about an hour & 1/2 to change starter.