1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker on Youtube!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KS_Grasscutter, Nov 27, 2006.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Here is a video I just found on youtube. I guess it is a promo video for the Walkers. I have REALLY got to quit watching these types of things, makes me want one or two so bad...

2. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Even after see'n in believe'n .... people still won't recognize how maneuverable in compact space this little work horse is

Can't match the speed of a mid mount ... that' what my DC or Lazer is fore .... but compact little yards with lots of obstacles .... hands down gotta be a top 3 ... n with the out front deck it's #1 if your cutting under trees, near cars, pool areas etc

N by the way this guy is working 1/2 the speed fore the catcher
  3. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

I have one now and still want another. lol My help uses the one I have now most of the time because as far as I'm concerned it is the easiest mower i have to operate.
  4. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

Makes me thank goodness I don't have one! And never will! 1/2 the speed, more expensive than my machines. Hooray for low productivity! Not this guy!
  5. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Except I like the leaf catching contraption...
  6. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

I love it when people put down mowers. I agree they arent the fastest mowers in the world, not meant to be. But for a lot of the lawns I do, I'd take it over any mower out there. I bag 90% of my lawns, and I can get my 48" deck in places i cant get my 36" walkbehind with my catcher on it, plus in the spring when the grass i growing like mad i dont have to spend my whole time walking back and forth to my truck to dump. To each is own, and I'd love to own anther walker!!
  7. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

man I want one so bad. I love my Dixie's and won't own anything else but for smaller upscale property's that I would like to bag this would be the mower. I called up my dealer today 12,500 for a walker MT 48in GHS deck 26hp EFI:cry: .
  8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Think used....I got mine for $1500 and got it going and I find this machine to be the best handling I ever had. This old man was doing the small islands with a 21" and now I can use my 36" Walker with a curb hopper. It may not be fast but seems to run fast enough for my bones.
  9. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

You can bag with your Dixies, or any other machines. Even walk behinds are faster! AND FAR LESS EXPENSIVE!
  10. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

I never EVER EVER EVER bag lawns.. EVER.... IMHO in this area it is not a necessity except when for doing leaves, and even then we mulch before we bag... I guess if you bagged all day then it might be a good deal... because the trac vac's would be very inefficient for bagging regularly