Walker or Exmark trash bags

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Outdoor Service, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Outdoor Service

Outdoor Service LawnSite Member

Does anybody know where a place to but the 78 gallon trash bags online? I bought an Exmark Navigator yesterday and the only place I can find that sells the bags is $68 for 100 bags.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

what i use on my walker (7.0 bushel) is some 55 gallon drum liners from home depot. you might have to use two bags per dump but they are only $19 for a box of 80.

3. Gaturf

Gaturf LawnSite Member

thats not a bad price.....$68 for 100 bags. My dealer wanted $119 for 75. (walker dump bags) You can use them about 3 times before you need to trash them. But i have also used the 55 gallon drum bags from home depot. they work pretty good. They are thin and they dont fit around the hopper but i like the savings.

Ga Turf

4. Gaturf

Gaturf LawnSite Member

$68 for 100 bags.

where did you find the bags for $68?

gaturf

5. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

not sure how the trash bags work. I know you don't want to block the upper screen it reduces air flow.

post some pics if you can.

make sure your dealer has performed the updates on the unit. Nothing major.

There is a reinforcing piece that goes on the blade engage arm and a belt guide.

And there is a friction modifier to add to the hydro system. This is on all exmark units not just the navigator.

There is also a fill sensor kit that just moves the wires to keep them from getting damaged.

All small stuff, but better to do now. They may have already done them in house.

6. Outdoor Service

Outdoor Service LawnSite Member

The bags that were $68 for 100 are for the 7 bushel hopper, unfortunately??? I have the 9 bushel hopper and I had to get bags that were $100 for 50 bags.

The place that sold the $68 for 100 is called Lewis Lawn in Montgomery, Alabama.