Walker or Lazer Z

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Willofalltrades, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm lookin for a new mower this spring. My problem is I am stuck between a exmark Lazer z hp with a 56" deck and a mulch kit or a Walker MTGHS. I want to standout and get hired because I do quality work not because I price low. What would you purchase in my situation?

2. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

you would have better luck finding answers if you put this in the commercial lawn mowing forum.

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Go for the Walker! Will manicure any lawn. Quality not quantity!

Chris

4. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

go with the walker! Good cut and is great for fall and spring cleanups!

5. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

Get the lazer and get the job done, instead of riding around on walker trying to figure out where to dump. The micro mulch kit works wonders. Try both and find the nearest dumpster to drive the walker in and run with the exmark.

6. HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member

7. CreationScapes

CreationScapes LawnSite Member

Go with the Lazer! Exmark stands behind their product and mow the best! Never owned anything but an Exmark!!

8. MJM landscaping

MJM landscaping LawnSite Member

I wouls think about if you are going to be taking the grass clippings away with you and how you will get them into your truck with the walker. I know all my clients that I have to bag want the clippings hauled away too.

Just something to think about.
    Oh ya get the Exmark.

9. The Cowboy

The Cowboy LawnSite Senior Member

I'd choose Exmark. I had an HP for a couple years and it was compact yet powerful and oh, so comfortable. The quality of cut was unmatched, especially after I added the steel striping roller. Maneuverability and traction was great even on hills. Walkers are too slow and cost too much. The exmark Ultravac is so easy to empty, just 2 big bags that are a cinch to take off and put on.