1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker or Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Sprocket, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Sprocket

Sprocket LawnSite Member
    from NY

Has anyone used both? Which do you like better?
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

It is difficult to know how you plan to use the units. We use the Walker to do nice finishing jobs on small commericial. The stander is used on small residential lots with 36" gates. Most people aren't wanting so see a riding mower on small properties so no Walker. The Walker cost a lot more than stander.
  3. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

EverRide makes a nice stander. The Scorpion and Scorpion FX. Now, I do not own one but I have tested piloted the Scorpion FX and it is nice. I like standers, but I prefer walk behinds...just my preference.

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you are getting old like me you are going to like the walker better if you are less than 30 try the stander very fast. :hammerhead:

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That is a nice seat....can they be purchased for under $500?
  6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I think if you plan to bag all of your properties then the Walker would be the best. If you are side discharging then the Wright.
  7. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you buy the mower new the seat is around 540 if you just want the seat to install in your walker then is going to get pricy some where around 900 bucks