walker or ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gwoods, Jul 20, 2002.

1. gwoods

gwoods LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

i have walker 48" 20 hp i want to buy another mower. what would you recommend in a wb and what advantages? i'm looking to get through gates less than 42". i won't buy a scag for the simple reason the dealer is a super big jerk. i've been looking at snapper but since i dont like the joystick ztr i probably won't buy one of those unless i buy a 21" for $759.

2. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you need a 36" .. What about getting the smaller deck for the Walker ? they do have a 36" and a 42" .. I have the 42 and get through all but a few tight gates.. For those I have an old 36" Scag walkbehind... But if your set on a new walk behind,, go look at the LESCO ! The only ones I count on for quality serivce and parts...

3. ipm

ipm LawnSite Senior Member

AS mentioned above get a 36" deck or a walk behind. We use Walker Mowers and Ferris walk behinds(hydro stat) they are a little different that belt driven. It is always good to a walk behind, for those really steep slopes or garbage yards. Lesco walk behinds are not bad( alittle heavy in the front, but some say Ferris 36" are to light in the front, anyway).

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i saw an ad for the new walker walkbehind. Does walker make a 36 inch deck like stated above? if they do, that could be the best of both worlds. you could use your existing deck or decks, and switch them around. put the 36 inch deck on the rider, or put the big deck on the walkbehind. i dont know much about walker, but maybe thats a possibility?

5. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

How about a Great Dane with folding deck or the new Hustler with

tilting deck??