Walker Owners Help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLC, Jul 5, 2001.

1. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

I need to know how to take the fitting off of the gas tank to remove the tank, thanks

2. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

It aint gonna be fun! The fitting is basically a rubber gromet. There are probably a total of 4 bolts holding the tank in place. The nuts are molded into the tank sides permantly. (in case you had not figured that out yet). It will help to try and smear some kind of grease in and around the fitting, then pop it out with a screwdriver. WAIT! these are usually 1 time fittings. You may want to get a new one before you tear this one out. Gotta ask, Why you want the tank out? It aint fun but you can siphon out the gas, get a rag and fasten it to something and wipe the best you can. Good Luck.

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Thats what my dealer is for,"service".

Gene

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

As highpoint said it ain't gonna be fun. I did it too.
    Now I have the 26efi and there is really no reason to take the tank off unless there is a hole in it.

Whatever you do, don't use a vacuum cleaner to clean it out. You laugh but I know of someone who tried this on a car. He didnt have any luck.

5. Mike Paulsen

Mike Paulsen LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

If this is to get the goodies out of the bottom of the tank,park the walker on a slope and siphon gas.Then tape hose on wet vac. and suck out the rest.

6. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

well yesterday I fixed the tank it wasnt easy but I did
    Thanks for all the help