Walker owners read!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by landscaper3, Nov 29, 2002.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have 3 Walkers 2 of which are 26EFI and one 25hp model. Our 25hp model bent a valve so we opted to put in a new 25hp Kohler motor, Anyways Walker now has a updated pully KIT which is the crank pully and upper pully's, we had them put the lower pully on and kept the Walker speed up kit on it and the results were the same speed! (YES THE SAME SPEED )as our Toro Z-Masters!!!!!!!!! If you want to up the speed on your Walker look into it. For you guys with mulching decks and discharge decks you will stay with speeds of Toro and Exmark and we know cause we run them all!

2. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

YEE_HAWW! I'm thinking this will be a quite handy option. Thanks!

3. Lawn Cops

Lawn Cops LawnSite Member

Have you tried it on the 26efis yet?

Jim
    Lawn Cops

4. landscaper3

No but were thinking about it! We tweaked the govener on the the original 25hp motor to stay with the EFI's

5. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: brian, how do you like the EFI on the walker, i have a 20hp that has about 5000 hours on and though i have no problems with it i may move it into my reserve equipt., thanks tony

6. Lawn Cops

Lawn Cops LawnSite Member

I don't know about brian, but i just got a new 26 EFI, 52 hours now, and love it. It needs more speed though. thats why I was wondering if the conversion will work on the 26. The EFI is awesome..........always starts first try, runs great, uses very little fuel. I love mine.

Jim
    Lawn Cops

7. shearbolt

shearbolt LawnSite Member

Is that going to be hard on the hydros? I asked Dean Walker why they don't speed them up anymore than the upgrade kit does and he said it would be too hard on the cooler less hydros.

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I put a bigger pulley than the one available from Walker onto my 20 hp, I have the same thinking as shearbolt too hard on the hydros.

9. landscaper3

Im sure it doesnt HELP the hydros due to this is the weakest point on the Walker mower! We had new hydros in last year on this mower so im not worried about flatland mowing but would worry about constant hill mowing. The Walkers need larger hydros and a few misc things and they in my opinion would be as close to perfect for our needs! I love our 26EFI'S ((NRLD!))
    We have the light kit, speed up kit, tail locks and comfort seats and they are GREAT! options. As far as the speed goes on this post I made we will leave as is and use this mower for large open or flat areas. Im sure some will say its bad but you never know till ya try and that said we resume the till spring so we can really put it to the test agianst our Z-Masters!!!!!

10. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Brian,

Any update on the Super Speed up Kit? How are the hydros holding up?