walker owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rdh, Feb 17, 2001.

1. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

on 90% of the pictures i see.
    why do they have one hand steering and the other on i think
    is the throttle this is on a lot of the pics that i see.

2. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

it's just easier to control ....you can work like on larger riders with two hands.......it's just the lever's are a lot smaller & real sensitive

kinda just comfortable to rest one's hand on the throttle lever ....(throttle a full the speed of the mower can be determined by the foward position of the control lever's also)

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have a Walker and can answer your question from my experience. The lever on the right sets the speed (criuse control. I keep my right hand on or near this lever to adjust forward speed when necessary. On fairly open areas Ihardly ever move it. Ijust set the speed and mow. The 2 front levers operate easily with one hand, my left. Leave them alone and mower travels at selected speed (cruise setting). Pull either lever back and corresponding wheel slows down or stops. Pull both back together and travel speed slows or stops...Levers are spring loaded so they return to original travel speed upon release. Only a light pull with your fingertips is needed to turn or slow the machine,so only your left hand needs to be on these levers. Hope this helps.

4. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

i wished they had that on my dane chariot,i cant hold a straight line with one hand ,let alone try to trim along a
    fence. that sound cool .

5. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

Due to the sensitivity of the walker steering you only need two fingers. If you use two hands it just jerks all around.

Want to buy one? 2000 with 350 hrs.

6. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

Yea two fingers is all it takes. people really stare and comment sometimes and have even been ask for a ride..go figure.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

It does take some practice but its great. For an added treat, put a speed-up kit on it and the steering becomes 10 times more sensitive.