walker owners

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bababooie, Apr 8, 2001.

1. bababooie

bababooie LawnSite Member

im thinking of going solo this year,usually it was me and my employee.if i get a walker and do the work myself would i be losing time or gaining or even?most of my yards one guy cuts while the other trims and blows,on the bigger yards we both would cut then i would breakoff and start the trimming etc.im thinking if i get the walker ill have more energy from riding so i could handle the work myself

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

May I make a friendly suggestion, post this on the lawn care forum. It will get more exposure. As for your question, I'd keep your helper and add on more accounts. You can really clean-up on the lawns when you use 2 people. Also just having the extra company will make the day go by faster.

3. gr8 1

gr8 1 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

I think you would come even or maybe ahead. Demo one for a day or two. Do you need to bag or can you side discharge? hills or flat? We just got number 5, a 26 hp fuel inj. Can't wait to put it to the test.

4. bababooie

bababooie LawnSite Member

mostly bag,about 70%

5. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

We had 3 man crew 2 years ago taking care of over 100 accounts. Bought the Walker cause I was told I could increase productivity 30%. Well the salesman wasnt pulling my leg, I was able to do the same amount of lawns with 2 men. Now im picking up another Walker to increase sales. I say go for it!!

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Yes I agree.
    Very versatile mower if you have the properties that the Walker caters to. Its not the fastest flat out production mower but if you have a need for one of these get a Chopper,Lazer, Ferris ect.
    My Walker is a 26hp efi I get about 5 1/2 hours to 6 hours on a tank (4gal) lots of power. Spring dethatch cant be beat. Quality of cut is great. Double trim edge out front cuts trim time. (less walking)
    If you have need for a bagger -this is the toy.
    Good Luck.

7. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not a walker man. It is easier to lear the two handles on other ztrs- tor , skag, etc. that "look" like the walker. I just don't under stand that 3rd lever. dave

8. Rodg

Rodg LawnSite Member

Just one little thing! If you cut your lawns above 3", consider another mower. The walker's deck is very shallow and does not cut "tall" grass very well. you will get a great cut at 3" and a fantastic cut at 2 1/2", But if you like tall grass in July/August, consider another mower.

-the grass is always greener-on a pro's lawn!