Walker Owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KCfireman, Jul 27, 2008.

1. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

Do any of you guy's know the price ranges for the Model "B". Particularly the 56" deck?

2. KCfireman

anybody know????

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I think they are around $7,000. My question though, is the 18hp gonna be enough? Why not just get the 27hp/60" Super B?

4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

The 18 is plenty for the 42" mulch deck. The B is perfect for residential,compact, light and the 42" mulch deck is awesome!
    Those boys at Walker outdid themselves on the new mulch design best mulching machine on the market IMO.

5. grassaholic

grassaholic LawnSite Senior Member

You might be able to get one for a little under $7000. In my expierence the 18hp motor is plenty for the 56" deck. I cut with one of my demo model B's on my grass cutting crew last year for a week during the spring and was very impressed. The mower just chugged right through the tall thick stuff without bogging. Like others have said the mower is very compact and lightweight compared to other ZTR's with a deck of that size. If you do end up getting a model B with the 56" deck, tell your dealer that you want the wider lo profile drive tires that come on the model MT. They will give you awsome traction on hillsides with the 56" deck. As far as the Super B compared with the regular MB. The Super B is alot bigger and heavier than the standard model B. I would prefer the regular MB for residential over the Super B.

6. Emerald

Emerald LawnSite Member

I love my Mb it is AWESOME we have 4 of them all around 1000 hr no problums I can get new one's for around $6900 with 56 inch cut I also have used ones for sale call if you would like I can DLV to KC MO if need b 612-306-4387

7. KCfireman

KS as you can see i live in Kansas City....how much would that be???

8. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

im also wondering what the price ranges are on walkers i cant find any info on them, id really like to know what the model c with a 42" deck and the model b with a 42" deck would cost me

9. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have a model c with a 42in deck I bought brand new this year it was about 9k after all the taxes and everything, but I got it at a special promo price. I also have a model B with a 42in mulch deck, only 140hours on it looking to sell, maybe even split shipping costs, if any of you guys are interested PM me.

10. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

The Model B that you had cut issues with? Did you ever resolve them?