1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

walker owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bababooie, Jan 25, 2002.

1. bababooie

bababooie LawnSite Member

if you had the opportunity to buy a walker with someone elses money,how would you equip it?:blob3: :alien:
  2. MowJo

MowJo LawnSite Member
    from KY

Obviously I'd get the "WORKS!"

In reality I bought a 20 horse with a GHS system and (2) decks. The first deck was a 48" for catching and the second was a 62" side discharge. Eventually I discovered that the 62" with a mulch kit does virtually all my accounts! I wish I'd demoed the 62" mulcher before I spent the $ on the 48" though. Over time I have upgraded the motor to a 25hp and that has made a world of improvement. One last thing, a "flip up" deck is worth its weight in gold for blade & deck maintenance. That feature wasn't available when I got mine.

Oh yeah, get the speed upgrade pully too!
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

26 ehi....definetly....flip up deck....tail lock....dethatcher....power dump.....how much is someone else's money?

4. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

26 efi ,the 54'' ghs deck (if it comesout),9.5 catcher,18x10.5-10 tires,comfort seat,speed up kit and one of those power dumps sounds cool .( the one that will dump in the back of my truck)
  5. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Yep 26 with all the above plus a HiLift catcher system so I dont have to touch the grass,plus a mulch/side throw combi deck thats available here and if its not going too far a FM/CD radio with headphones.....................Just send the check payable to BigJim and I'll post a photo to show you a happy lawnguy......:D

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

Pretty much what i bought, which is the 26 hp efi, low pro tires, 9.5 bussel box, 2 decks 48 ghs, 54 sd, lights, comfortable chair, and power dump. Speed-up kit isnt worth it because they make the machine very touchy. definatly the impliment hitch w/ bucket and aerator and a dethacher.
  7. yorkpaddy

yorkpaddy LawnSite Member

with the high lift dump, could you dump into a stakebody dump on a pickup?
  8. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

If someone was buying it for me, this is how I would order it.
    GHS w/48" Deck 9.5 Hopper and a 52"SD Deck with the 26EFI Kolher. I would run the 52"SD all the time except for the spring and fall clean-up. With the 52" and double blade set-up you don't need to bag. Just how I'd order it if it was FREE!!!!!!!!

9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

FYI,the hi-lift dump system interfers with the traction of the Walker. If you are doing just flat properties, you will be OK. I got one on my 7.5 catcher and it was usless on slopes. The 9.5 catcher will be a lot worse because it sets up higher throwing the weight transfer for traction out. I took mine off after only 3 days use. It was nice to back up to the pickup and flip the switch and not have to touch the grass to dump. But then you had to get off and shake the unit 50% of the time because the grass packed in the hopper too tight to just fall out.

10. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I am considering one also. Choice of 26 Efi,23 Egis, or 26 Kubota
    Also the Coulter edger, manual deck lift and power dump.