walker owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slplow, Feb 4, 2002.

1. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

Got a letter from Bob Walker today after I e- mailed them on 54"ghs deck here is what he wrote. We have been working on a 54"GHS deck but it is not ready for the market. A bigger blower in the tractor is needed to work with the bigger deck. It is in the works.
    I just hope when I buy my new walker this spring i can retro fit the bigger deck onto it.

2. Rodney Johns

Rodney Johns LawnSite Member

I have seen prototypes. It will be awesome for sure. I am not sure if it will be ungradable without changing machines completely. The larger blower is the current problem. They have to rearrange some things for the mower to accomidate the bigger blower housing. I don't know how a guy would move everything if they just had a different deck. Anyway that is where the problem is and they had planned on a release this year. I still do not know if that is the plan.

3. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

I hope it won't be a mess to change over because I do need a bigger gsh deck. I would hate to spend 10k this yr and have to trade it in next yr for a the update. Thanks Rodney.