1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

walker owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bababooie, Mar 26, 2002.

1. bababooie

bababooie LawnSite Member

:blob2: can you keep the door open on the catcher,while your cutting to disperse the clippings evenly on the lawn?
  2. gr8 1

gr8 1 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

Walker has some kind of deflector that goes on the back to spread out clippings. If you only open the door the clippings just plop out in piles behind you.
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Sure, only bad thing is that it wiil through clippings everywhere, into beds, on cars and walks. For roughly $75 you can purchase the "no catch deflector" which will direct clippings to the ground. It's worth the money! It doesn't do as well as a mulching deck.

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

5. RMDoyon

RMDoyon LawnSite Member

I love the No-Catch Deflector.
    It turns a dedicated bagging deck into a decent discharger, very handy to have when you just want to discharge without changing decks during leaf and spring cleanup seasons.

Also, the No-Catch gives me major peace of mind when it comes to deflecting thrown objects. Imagine a side-discharge deck discharging at chest height!

6. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought the no catch deflector. I am glad to hear that it works well now that I plunked down the money for it. I was worried about it leaving clumps.

7. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

can't beat the deflector for the money, beats buying a side discharge deck and having to switch from one to the other.
    invest in one, you will not be sorry
  8. HacMan91

HacMan91 LawnSite Member

Buy the delector or you may suck up a rock and launch it to who knows where.
  9. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Be cheap like me,I use a piece of 2"x1" about 16" long,notch the ends to fit the catcher contours and prop the catcher door 1/2 way open with it.Works fine.You definitely need some form of deflection mowing round buildings because the grass sprays out about window height,if your only mowing wide open spaces just leave the door wide open.