Walker Owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Aaron Marshall, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Aaron Marshall

Aaron Marshall LawnSite Member

Hey all you guys that have walkers out there, I put on a " speed increase kit." I am pretty impressed, brings the speed from 5 mph to 6.5 mph, I find it easier to do zero turns and it sure saves time to the truck to dump. It only consists of putting in a small new pully on the jack shaft. Took about 10 min. to do. I would recomend it.

Another thing, has anyone purchased the dump bins that fit inside the catcher? Are they really heavy with a full load, and are they messy? I have the big bag now and I have to unload it about three times because it's too heavy. Any comments? Thanks guys.

2. bigdaddyspags

bigdaddyspags LawnSite Member

How much was the speed up kit for you?

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

For mine I paid $17

4. Aaron Marshall

I paid 18.13 plus tax.

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

you should have gotten a heavier jackshaft spring also...

6. Aaron Marshall

Why do I need a heavier jackshaft spring? Mine seemed to be nice and tight?

7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i think due to the smaller diamter of the pulley it need more tension on it. i know mine was jumping and bucking when i changed the pulley and the spring solved it.

8. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I put a speed up kit on mine too. Sold it and got a Toro 355. Went from 5 mph on the Walker to 9.5 mph with the Toro! :)

Seriously though be careful with the speed up kit. I had lots of problems with my Walker and the dealer blamed most if not all of them on the kit. He told me it was not made or designed by Walker.

9. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Gosh, I bought mine from Walker, with directions from Walker and a spring from.... Walker.
    One of the best things I did with that machine.

10. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

That is where I got mine too. Was told by the dealer and the tech. that it was not a Walker part. After market. It played hell with the hydro's on my diesel GHS.