walker owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ince8728, Mar 19, 2005.

1. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

OK so i have a 6.5 x 10 open trailer and the equip i will have every day will be a walker 48" GHS, lesco 36", honda 21", and 2 bp's & 2 trimmers. The only way i can fit all 3 mowers is by folding up the deck on the walker, i'm feeling a little uneasy about this because i'm not sure if the walker will be ok during transport. i'm putting boards in front of the tires of the walker 2 keep it seperated from the lesco. I'm just scared that if it gets jolted good enough the whole section where the pto drive and all that other stuff is it will all get messed up. What do you guys think?

- Matt

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Call your Walker dealer and see if you can transport in the up position. I can with my Grasshopper but it moves around a bit. Just make sure you strap it down!

3. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

we tansport ours all the time w/ decks up

4. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Strap the deck to keep it from pivoting and you won't have anything to worry about.

5. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

could you specify what you mean when you say strap it down? when i raise it there is a hook below the steering levers, with it hooked on that it seems like it would do the job. what am i missing?