Walker Perfareator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by musselman, Mar 19, 2003.

1. musselman

musselman LawnSite Senior Member
    from utah

I know some walker guys out there ordered the perfareator and tested them, but who has got theres and used it this year? I want one, but really need to know if it is worth the $3500 price tag. Will it work on any lawn I use my walker on: such as smaller residential areas....any comments would be helpful thanks
  2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Captdevo will be bringing a perforator to the Flex-Deck BBQ Mar 29 - SE Iowa - We have a thread on here about it if you want to come see it.
  3. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I have used mine on several lawns this year. I am VERY happy with the results. It will actually kind of scare the ----out of you the first few times you power it up! It is just a beast of a machine.

One thing...apply loctite before you head out to use the machine. 5 minutes into my own lawn (practicing) several of the nuts had worked loose. Alos DO NOT go backward while aerating it will tear up the turf something terribe.

My only real concern with this tool is how you have to shut the pto off a full throttle every time you need to stop, 180 turn, or avoid an object directly in your path. I wonder if it is bad for the tractor to shut off and turn on the pto under full throttle so often?

Performance: AMAZING. I have cruised through several large yards that used to take me hours. It pulls tons of plugs. About the only problem is that if the plugs are too wet you will get serious mud build up on your tires and every so often huge sheets of mud will flop off onto the lawn. Is it worth the $$ it surely is to me. It has opened up time in my schedule. I don't use it on every lawn, but sometimes I will just take a two or three pass section out of the middle. You can also steer, to some degree. I find that I have very little need the walkbehind.

They did their homework on this machine. It is well worth the $$
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't seen it. Anyone have any OTJ pix of it?
  5. musselman

from utah

Thanks Currier...Ill more than likely get it soon...The guys at Delta Implement might want to thank you to.....If I get it that is where Ill buy it. I dont do a whole lot of areation but if I can get it paid for this year It will be worth the price...How is it on hills anyways have you tried at all?
  6. Currier

I have run it on some small hills and slight inclines. I actually ran it down a pretty steep short hill and it did great. Climbing hills it is a challenge mainly because it is very heavy and the tires want to spin then the aerator basically churns the ground as it wants to keep moving forward. I can still go up small hills but I would mainly plan on hitting the steepest parts in a downward direction.

If you want to see it work and will be in the area anytime soon give me an email. I have a park right across from my house (I maintain it) and you could give it a run.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen the unit before. Its a combined effort from Walker and Rocksolid Plugr. Its the Plugr cam system. It would have to be an awesome machine. About the only reason I would ever consider a Walker is so I can have my same aerators but ride.
  8. Currier

I had heard good things about the plugr but had always been used to drum type aerators (lawnaire V). I had checked into LA28 machines but heard they were slow.

I was glad to hear that Walker was teaming up with a proven industry design. I'll tell you this....if I ever need to buy a walk behind aerator again I will be buying a plugr.
  9. musselman

from utah

Thanks currier...it might be worth the 2.5 hour drive to give it a try. I think Im going to get one...Even got approval from the wife!!
    just need to scrape the $ togeather