1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

walker power paint finish

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by wacky zachy, Dec 28, 2007.

1. wacky zachy

wacky zachy LawnSite Member
    from mass

would anyone happen to know the power coat part number/color that they use on their machines?
    i have access to am powder coating sys and was thinking about repainting the deck, also who would have the best price on a 48" deck without the blades and gear boxes , if i choose not to paint it
  2. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

The problem you may run into with powder coating is that you can't typically by just a small quanity. You would end up with a huge amount of this stuff along with a huge bill for the cost of the powder itself.

Good luck with your endeavour.
  3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I just bought a can of spray paint from the Walker dealer. It has held up for 2 years now. I bought the mower used, so it was a little rough when I got it. It looks pretty good now.
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I have "Walker yellow paint" on my list of things to get from the dealer when I go there again, lol. I totally forgot that both of mine need some, or a lot, of paint on the sides of the decks! Would certianly spruce them up and make them look newer! (since they are both over 10 years old now)