Walker Price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dogchapman, May 7, 2006.

1. dogchapman

dogchapman LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I have been checking out the site for several weeks and had a question about a walker price.
    2004 120hours 42" mulching deck 48" bagging deck asking $6500

What do yall think about that price

Thanks for the response

Ryan

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

What else is included with the mower...size of engine and hopper? I am guess that is about right....if it's has the 20hp Kohler and 9.5 bushel hopper. A buddy of mine picked up one like you described with the options I described, but didn't have the 42" mulching deck for $6000....oh yeah...it had 100 hours on it. Not sure on the year, but I think it was a 2005. I thought that was a pretty fair deal. His did have the optional lights on it. A new one around these parts run about $8500.

3. dogchapman

from Alabama

Yah its 20hp 9.5bu

4. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i just got a 20 hp with 42" grass catcher new, paid $9800.00 for it. already have 70 hours on it. so what your buying sounds great to me. mine is a hell of a mower, bought the deluxe seat, a used 52" deck, ordered a high lift grass catcher for it $3300.00

5. dogchapman

from Alabama

Thanks for the response so far. Just a little background, I am a Firefighter Paramedic and am doing LC as a side job and have a lot of experience from working at a local golf coarse using mostly reel mowers. Do you think the Walker would be a good fit? I have allready gotten 11 accounts all stuff I am able to walk in about an hour and not sure if a ridding mower is justified at this point. Thanks again

6. above all

above all LawnSite Member

Walker Price

I say that 6k sounds great! what till you get that hi lift working..HA HA HA I've been using one for 5 years now and it has been worth every penny you will never want to lift a bag of grass again. or will have to. good Luck !

7. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a smoking deal espically since your getting a second deck and a couple hundred hours on those machines is nothing!

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I will probably get the high-lift kit next spring. Nothing sucks worse than trying to dump grass on a tarp on a windy day. Not to mention the weight. Wet fescue is heavy.