Walker Price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pyrocare, Feb 6, 2002.

1. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

I have my Model C Walker (16 hp with a 42" deck) in for service. While I was there the store owner told me that their distributer was running a special on the Brand New 2001 - 26hp EFI Walkers with a 48" deck, they were trying to get rid of them to make way for the new ones. They were asking $8,900 for the new machine.

My Model C only has about 250 hours on it, and now it will have a new engine (long story don't ask, but I didn't have to pay for it) in it. We aggreed with the dealer that we could take off the head lights and switch the hoppers from the old one to the new one. I had to pay $8,000 for the Model C last year, and they are giving me $6,400 for the trade.

So after all is done the 26hp EFI is cost me $2500 with trade.

Then I have a possible lead to get a used 54" SD deck for it with 5 or 6 extra sets of blades, it has only been used for about 3 or 4 years, but it is in almost new condition. The person wants $1,000 for the deck.

My question is: Does this sound like a good deal, and would you do it if it was you signing the loan papers?

Thank you in advance

2. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

you'd be stupid not to jump on that!!!!

try to find a 52" deck with mulch kit, instead of the 54" though

3. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

Give me your dealers # I want one. The dealers I have talk to want $10,000. for the 26EFI 48 " GHS deck.

4. CODYHEATHER

CODYHEATHER LawnSite Member

Called my dealer 2 days ago wanted $10,600 for the same machine. Please send me his Phone number too!!!

5. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

I just buy my stuff through the local Ace Hardware. They have always treated me pretty fair, no problems at all with them. They started only selling Gravely/Ariens but last year they started to carry Walker as well. Along with that they also carry Stihl and have a pretty good repair guy.:cool:

Jone's Ace Hardware in Vermillion, South Dakota is the one.

6. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I went from a very old model c to the 26 hp 48" last year. It made a huge difference...and that IS a killer price. Buy it before he changes his mind or withdraws the offer. Heck if it doesn't work out call me I'll give you 4000.00 for that new 26hp :):D

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I think my dealer price the 20hp for something like $8500 so only $400 more for the 26efi would DEFINETLY would be worth it!

MATT

8. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

The Walker dealer near me has two units like that for $8500.
    I'll e-mail if interested

9. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

I whent to NE GROWS today and got these prices on 02's. MT48GHS9.5 W/ lowpro tires $8,400. I would save $795. on this 1
    MT48GHS9.5 W/ lowpro tires $9,120. I would save $875. on this 1

what would you do?