1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

walker price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by longviewlawncare, Apr 16, 2003.

1. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

ok guys. found a used walker 48" GHS 25hp today. it has the fill alarm but that is about it as far as options. The whole unit has 4000+ hours on it but the enegine has very low hours. It is in really good shape. What kind of price range should this mower be in. I will tell what they are asking for it after i get some ideas. Thanks Guys
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

3. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

What year is it?
  4. longviewlawncare

i am not sure of the year. They are asking 3500 for it on consignment. I know the dealer and he says it is in great shape. I don;t know if i want to pay that much for a machine that has that many hours though. Anyway thanks guys
  5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't pay that much for a machine with 4000 hours.

Don't think I'd go more than $2K.

Edited to say: Why is it being sold on consignment if it's in such good shape. I smell a rat. Like somebody put in a new engine and then discovered a hydro pump or both are going out as well.

I'd for sure demo before I offered anything. If they wont let you demo......forget it.
  6. longviewlawncare

i agree i am going to demo next week and make a first offer of 1500 and just where it takes me. it will be useful for leaf cleanup this fall. but if not i will just wait for awhile.
  7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i bought my '98 with a 20hp last year (42 inch) for 3500 with 760 hours on it. i'd demo it for at least 30 mins to get the pumps heated up and then check everything over many times. look under the deck for anything to be damaged, make sure the blades are in time (bad gear box), check all the tubes for the GHS and the blower blades. you know the drill.