walker prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by -, May 6, 2001.

1. Guest

anyone one know a good place online to buy a walker?and what is some of the prices you have paid for a 20hp with a collection deck

2. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Over the winter I got a price of $7200 on the 16HP 42"GHS with the 7 bushell catcher and $8100 on the 20 HP 42" GHS with the 9.5 bushell catcher and dual tail wheel.
    This was in NJ.

jeffyr

3. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

Just paid $5000 for 97 model, 20hp with 48" 9 bushel with 117 hrs. Got it from my dealer that no longer carries Walkers. I paid $12,000 for my 93 model in 1993 with 20hp, 48" bagging deck and 54" SD deck.

4. WLC

WLC LawnSite Member
    from NE TN

Locally I've found a brand new '99 16Hp w/ 42" GHS deck for $7350.00 and an '01 model same thing for $7895.00. I'm not familiar with the 20Hp model pricing. I've done repeated searches to purchase Walkers online only to keep coming up with the same weak results. I keep hoping to find them at Alamia or Lawn and Garden Warehouse.com ......... someday. I'll be glued to this post for some good imput from others though.

5. Guest

thanks for the info....not sure yet if i want a walker or a lazer....what ever it is must have a real good collection system...i use danes to mow...but would like somthing else for cleanups

6. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Scott,
    I bought my Walker last June on line,sight unseen. Rodney was a pleasure to buy from. I only bought a SD Model, but he has the GHS Models also.
    Hope this helps you.
    Good Luck,
    Steve Knapp
    AKA Mowman

7. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

ever look at the bobcat z100,toro z's or the new scag that looks like the walker?

8. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems like I recall there have been some problems with that scag cougar (walker look-alike). I can't speak from experience, though, I've never owned or used one.

9. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

Hopefully this will never happen.

Walker is very customer service oriented.

When you purchase units online, you do not receive personal service.

As with any equipment, sooner or later something will go wrong, and that is where a good relationship with a dealer can't be beat!

10. Turfclippings

Turfclippings LawnSite Member

You cant go wrong with the Walker, for cleanups. I have a 98 with 900 hours and still runnibg great. I use strictly for pickups and alos have a side 54 deck for an occasional backup, but i service over 50 customers with it in the fall and wet leaves wont even stop it from working. I heard many complaints on the Scag version and my Dixie dealer took one on a trade and he's had it all of spring cant get rid of it.