walker problem???

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by lawnboy8154, Oct 14, 2005.

1. lawnboy8154

lawnboy8154 LawnSite Member

starts and runs fine....engage the blades it dies?? any suggestions

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Bad safty switch.

Gene

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

check to make sure the blower is not jammed or clogged. We had that problem once and we found a piece of a stick was keeping it from turning.

Chris

4. Surfside

Surfside LawnSite Member

adjust seat, a lighter person may not be heavy enough to set switch. Im 160 and would have back firing problems on one i used, own my own now older model and I disengaged the switch. Just a thought....

5. gene gls

More than likly its the switch at the bottom of the PTO lever that has the plunger sticking out. It gets corroded with crap and will not come out when you turn on the PTO. Clean it up so it moves in and out easyly.

Gene

6. lawnboy8154

lawnboy8154 LawnSite Member

Thanx for the info....the blower was jammed

7. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

And the award goes to...........Cgland!:D

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have this problem a lot in the spring when scalping warm season grasses. Usually you can hear the belt squeeking right before it dies.

9. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

gurny or water blast that blower propeller now and a gain as dirt packs in it also often

10. gene gls

An you took the time to post a help question with out taking the time to do a basic inspection of your equipment. This is why I don't bother wasting my time replying to half of the post's any more. People can't be bothered to take the time read the manuels for the equipment opperation or reserch info on the questions they are asking.

Gene