Walker pto gearbox

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mowmor, Aug 3, 2004.

1. mowmor

mowmor LawnSite Member

Does anyone know who to go to for parts on the pto gearbox on a walker. It is a Walker p/n 8050, I have it off the mower and it says it is made by Superior Gearbox. The lower half of the case is cracked. I have checked with Walker and it is about $100. Can these be ordered from the original manufacturer.

Thanks

Mowmor

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.superiorgearbox.com/
    For PTO gearboxes.

The gear boxes on the decks are made by Tecumseh and parts for them can be ordered though any Tecumseh Dealer.

3. mowmor

mowmor LawnSite Member

It is not one of the deck gearboxs, it is the actual pto gearbox which turns all the other geaboxs. The name on the cover says Superior gearbox.

4. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

5. shopbytch

shopbytch LawnSite Member

A new pto gearbox up here costs about $400US and would have taken three weeks to get here, so what I did was; crack it open and flip the halfs over because the mounting bolt threads wore out. I got away with sealing the crack and case with red rtv silicone, but a welding shop could fix a bigger crack.

6. jeannewyatt

jeannewyatt LawnSite Member

just had the same problem. i guess i forgot to check the fluid level. anyways if you can get one for $100.00, let me know where. thanks jason

7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Maybe it's my deficiencies but I did not see anything that links to or looks like a walker pto gearbox there.

8. ericg

ericg LawnSite Silver Member

9. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

So does a Walker to Superior crossover chart exist where I can take a Walker part number and find the corresponding Superior gearbox.

10. ericg

ericg LawnSite Silver Member

Dishboy, I tried on several occasions to purchase a PTO box directly from Superior or one of their suppliers and was told that I could not. It seems that Walker has an agreement where Superior supplies Walker and Walker supplies their dealers. Sometimes you can get a box on ebay.

Eric