1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker PTO shaft problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dukester, Nov 27, 2002.

1. dukester

dukester LawnSite Member

I had a lot of vibration the shaft at about 120 hours. I took it into my dealer. The PTO wasn't tight. The one next to the gear box. He replaced it and it's been smooth till the other day. I took the cover off to check it and its loose again. It lasted about 45 hours this time. The dealer said he had never seen one get loose before. I've greased the joint ever 8 hrs. I guess it's going to be OK? But, it vibrates the deck. Not a lot but you can feel it while your mowing. Anybody else have a problem.
  2. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: duke, i have a walker for 5 years now with almost 5000 hrs on it and to this day it has never vibrated like that, only thing that i replaced was the kohler engine and that had over 3000 hours on it, i would check the coupler on the gear box side. tony

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

maybe the yoke is defective and the joint does not sit right causing it to prematurly wear and loosen up... I would call Walker directly and talk to them about it , maybe there was a recall or others having the same issue and they could direct you to get it repaired or replaced..
  4. dukester

dukester LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to call Walker Friday.