Walker Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KS_Grasscutter, Jul 6, 2008.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Is it possible to put the stock 2-tire tail wheel from a MT Walker on a MC tractor? Reason being, I could then put low-pros on front and a 9.5 catcher, and basically have a poor-mans MT :laugh:

I think I would be able to just switch out the fork and tire and wheels, and it would be as simple as that. Anyone parting-out a MT?

2. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I am not for sure but i would def look at clearance with the tail wheels since it is wider the swing path will be bigger more specificly where the engine and oil filter is mounted i have not really looked at it. It may be possible but the tube that the shaft slides into may not be the same size either

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yea, thats true... I know my high capacity oil filter would have to be replaced with a standard one... it barely clears now. If I could get the parts used for cheap I'll try to throw something together.

Do you have a MC or are both yours MTs? I am wanting to get a high dump unit at some point relatively soon...

4. b121774

b121774 LawnSite Member

My dealer told me you can't do it. The dual setup is wider and won't rotate fully around without hitting the frame. Both my MC's have low pro tires and 9.5 bushel hopper's!? I have an 03 and an 07.

5. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Ks i have a MC and MT w highlift my MT barely clears as it is with the duel wheel setup. Make sure you drive one with the high lift befor you buy it. I like mine but it makes a world of difference as far has handeling from a MT to MC